About Me

My photo
Typical Piscean, dreamer, story teller in the tradition of my country, I love to write. I'm not sure that I'm any good at it, but getting the words down has its reward.

19 February 2018

Not a year since

I could not believe that a whole year has gone by since I last blogged.  Unbelievable!  Getting a signal has been my biggest problem, and I finally got the whole range of problems sorted out by getting a mobile modem.  Now I can sit in comfort, anywhere in the house and type to my hearts content.

This year started with the whole family being afflicted with the horrendous flu that went the rounds.  Added to that snow decided to fall randomly, we had nights of hard frost, early mornings with snow and then the odd spring like day dotted in between.

Madam Pounce passed away in her sixteenth year, peacefully, on 6th December, 2017.  Cranky, complaining and wilful to the end, OH and I returned home from shopping that day and found her curled up, as if soundly asleep, in the flower bed under her beloved YD's bedroom window.  Apart from her tail looking as if she had backcombed it, she appears to have had a very peaceful passing, most probably her heart just gave way.  She is buried with other pets that have made their mark both on our lives and this place.

Queen of all she surveys
Madam Pounce [Aka Angel]
April 2001 - December 2017




We have decided that we shall not replace her for a year or two.  Already the bird life in the garden has increased tenfold; we have Goldfinches, Chaffinches, and Bullfinches in abundance, all flitting across the lawn.  At first they seemed in shock, waiting for the inimitable Mme Pounce to land in their midst, but the Tweeting Times soon spread the word and the flocks started to appear.  The garden looks just like it did in my childhood, brimful of birds.







No comments: